19.2900, Jobs: Phonetics: Asst Prof, Cornell University

Wed Sep 24 17:00:48 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2900. Wed Sep 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2900, Jobs: Phonetics: Asst Prof, Cornell University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Sep-2008
From: Sheila Haddad < sjh1 at cornell.edu >
Subject: Phonetics: Asst Prof, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:57:31
From: Sheila Haddad [sjh1 at cornell.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2900.html&submissionid=191526&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cornell University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://ling.cornell.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics

The Department of Linguistics invites applications for a tenure-track
position in linguistics with a specialization in phonetics, to begin July
1, 2009. Candidates are expected to pursue an active research program in
experimental phonetics. Teaching responsibilities will include both
graduate and undergraduate courses. PhD required.  The position will be at
the rank of assistant professor, though not necessarily at entry-level.

To ensure full consideration, candidates should send a letter of
application, CV, representative published or unpublished scholarly work,
and at least three letters of recommendation by November 24, 2008 to the
address provided below. Any inquiries may be addressed to Draga Zec.

Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and educator. Women and minorities
are strongly encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 24-Nov-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Phonetics Search Committee