19.2897, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University

Wed Sep 24 16:40:40 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2897. Wed Sep 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2897, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Sep-2008
From: Ash Asudeh < asudeh at ccs.carleton.ca >
Subject: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:39:12
From: Ash Asudeh [asudeh at ccs.carleton.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2897.html&submissionid=191365&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Carleton University
Department: Institute of Cognitive Science
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.carleton.ca/ics/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; General Linguistics

Subject to budgetary approval, the Institute of Cognitive Science at
Carleton University invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at
the level of Assistant Professor, to begin July 1, 2009.

Applicants will be engaged in research on human and/or artificial cognition
and have a Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to cognitive science (computer
science, linguistics, philosophy, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or
cognitive science), a strong commitment to scholarship reflected in
publications, and demonstrated excellence in teaching.

The successful candidate will be expected to teach both undergraduate and
graduate courses, to develop a program of research leading to significant
peer-reviewed publications, and to contribute effectively to academic life
in the Institute.

Further information about the Institute can be obtained from our website.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, a summary of research
objectives, a teaching statement and evidence of good teaching ability,
copies of representative publications, and arrange to have three referees
forward supporting letters to Dr. John Logan, Director, at the address
provided below.

Carleton University is committed to equality of employment for women,
aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. All
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, but in accordance with
Canadian immigration requirements, applications from Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

Applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, 2008 and will continue
until the position is filled.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2008 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. John Logan
	Institute of Cognitive Science, Carleton University
	1125 Colonel By Drive
	Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6
	Canada
Contact Information: