19.2942, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/USA

Mon Sep 29 01:54:27 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2942. Sun Sep 28 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2942, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/USA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Sep-2008
From: Boris Shekhtman < sbsltc at aol.com >
Subject: Teaching to Near-Native Levels

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:53:20
From: Boris Shekhtman [sbsltc at aol.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2942.html&submissionid=191587&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Teaching to Near-Native Levels

Date: 06-Dec-2008 - 07-Dec-2008
Location: Linthicum, MD, USA
Contact: Boris Shekhtman
Contact Email: sbsltc at aol.com
Meeting URL: http://www.distinguishedlanguagecenters.org/conferences.htm

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Meeting Description:

On December 6-7, 2008 the Coalition of Distinguished Language Centers
(CDLC) conducts the annual conference about teaching and reaching Level 4
(near-native) proficiency. The conferences include theory and research, as
well as updates on high-level-language program activities, along with a
healthy dose of shared practical experience.

The Fall 2008 Conference on Teaching and Learning to Near-Native Levels of Language Proficiency will be held in Linthicum Heights, Maryland at the Conference Center at the Maritime Institute

Date/Time:
December 6-7, 2008

Location:
The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute (CCMIT)
692 Maritime Blvd., Linthicum, Maryland (near BWI Airport)

Registration:
Pre-registration by November 15th for $75
Students $15
Or register at the door for $125

For more information, please check out our website:
http://www.distinguishedlanguagecenters.org/conferences.htm