20.1263, TOC: Text & Talk 29/1 (2009)

Sat Apr 4 23:38:58 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1263. Sat Apr 04 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1263, TOC: Text & Talk 29/1 (2009)

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Fatemeh Abdollahi <fatemeh at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Apr-2009
From: Julia Ulrich < julia.ulrich at degruyter.com >
Subject: Text & Talk Vol 29, No 1 (2009)

Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 19:36:02
From: Julia Ulrich [julia.ulrich at degruyter.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1263.html&submissionid=212072&topicid=11&msgnumber=1

Publisher:	Mouton de Gruyter
			http://www.mouton-publishers.com

Journal Title:  Text & Talk
Volume Number:  29
Issue Number:  1
Issue Date:  2009

Main Text:

Text & Talk - An Interdisciplinary Journal of Language, Discourse Communication
Studies Volume: 29, Number: 1 (January 2009)
is now available online from Walter de Gruyter at:
http://www.reference-global.com/toc/text/29/1

The predicated Theme in Alan Paton's Cry, the Beloved Country--a resource for
written text
María Martínez Lirola and Bradley Smith

Inferencing and cultural reproduction: a corpus-based critical discourse analysis
Kieran O'Halloran

This beauty should drink well for 10-12 years: a note on recommendations as
semantic middles
Carita Paradis

Doing actions with identity categories: complaints and denials in neighbor disputes
Elizabeth Stokoe

Addition and reassessment: preverbal particle ah in Shishan (Hainan Island, China)
Xuehua Xiang

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature
                     Semantics
                     Syntax
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2009 LINGUIST List Restaurant and join us for a delightful treat!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2009/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non
Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be
offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.