20.1539, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Brock University

Wed Apr 22 18:18:26 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1539. Wed Apr 22 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1539, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Brock University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Apr-2009
From: Leona Volterman < lvolterm at brocku.ca >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Brock University, Ontario, Canada

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:15:54
From: Leona Volterman [lvolterm at brocku.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1539.html&submissionid=214583&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Brock University
Department: Applied Linguistics
Job Location: St. Catharines Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.brocku.ca/appliedlinguistics

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Speech-Language Pathology

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of Applied Linguistics at Brock University offers
undergraduate majors in Applied Linguistics, Applied Linguistics/TESL,
Hearing Sciences and Speech and Language Sciences; the Department also
offers a Master of Arts degree program in Applied Linguistics/TESL.
Applications are now invited for a 12-month Instructional Limited-Term
Appointment (ILTA), subject to final budgetary approval, to begin
officially on July 1, 2009—June, 30, 2010.  We seek applicants with
successful teaching experience. The successful candidate will teach 8
courses in the autumn and winter semesters (4 in each semester), and
participate in the academic and administrative activities of the Department.

Candidates should hold an MA in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics,
Speech-Language Pathology, or a related field, but a PhD in Linguistics or
Applied Linguistics, Speech-Language Pathology, or a related field is most
preferred.  Specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to
teach all 8 courses as follows:

LING 1P92 Introduction to the Psychology of Language
LING 3P61 Child Language Acquisition: Early Stages
LING 4P27 Assistive Listening Devices and Aural Rehabilitation
LING 4P32 Speech Disorders in Children and Youth
LING 3P90 Language Disorders in Children and Youth
LING 3P93 Gender & Language
LING 4P20 Evaluation of Speech and Language Disorders
LING 4P31 Augmentative and Alternative Communication Disorders

The appointment will be made at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant
Professor, depending on qualifications and experience. Review of
applications will commence on June 1st, 2009, and will continue until the
position is filled. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply;
however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Brock
University is actively committed to diversity and the principles of
Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates.
Women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, and people with
disabilities are especially encouraged to apply and to voluntarily
self-identify as a member of a designated group as part of their
application. Candidates who wish to have their application considered as a
member of one or more designated groups should fill out the
Self-Identification Form available at
http://www.brocku.ca/humanrights/images/selfIdentification.doc, and should
include the completed form with their application.

To be given full consideration, interested applicants should send a cover
letter and current curriculum vitae, including the full names of three
referees, by June 1st, 2009, to Dr. Thomas S.C. Farrell, Chair, Department
of Applied Linguistics (see address below). Please arrange for each letter
of recommendation to be sent directly to Dr. Farrell (please note:
candidates are advised to apprise referees of the nature of the Department
and of the advertised position).

Application Deadline: 01-Jun-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Thomas S.C. Farrell
	Brock University
	Department of Applied Linguistics
	500 Glenridge Ave.
	St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
	Canada
Contact Information:
	Dr. Thomas S.C. Farrell
	Email: lvolterm at brocku.ca

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2009 LINGUIST List Restaurant and join us for a delightful treat!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2009/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non
Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be
offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.