20.2702, Jobs: German, Standard & Various Fields: Researcher, U of Goettingen

Fri Aug 7 04:23:08 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2702. Fri Aug 07 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2702, Jobs: German, Standard & Various Fields: Researcher, U of Goettingen

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Aug-2009
From: Anke Holler < anke.holler at phil.uni-goettingen.de >
Subject: German, Standard & Linguistic Theories, Psycholinguistics, Syntax: Researcher, University of Goettingen, Germany

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 00:21:08
From: Anke Holler [anke.holler at phil.uni-goettingen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2702.html&submissionid=226167&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Goettingen
Department: Department of German Philology/ Linguistics
Job Location: , Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Linguistic Theories; Psycholinguistics; Syntax

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

The German Department of the University of Goettingen offers a full
research assistant position in the area of formal grammar with a focus on
syntactic theory. The position involves research and 4hrs/week teaching (in
German) in our B.A. and M.A. programs, as well as administrative duties.

We invite applications of candidates holding a diploma, master's or
doctorate degree in German Linguistics or a related field. The successful
candidate has a solid background in linguistic theories, grammar of German
and theoretical syntax. Applicants with an experience in experimental
methods and/or psycholinguistics are especially welcome.

Salary:  according to German scale TV-L 13
Duration: three years (with a possible extension of further 2 years)
Starting date:  October 1st, 2009

Goettingen offers a stimulating research environment with special
infrastructure and funding possibilities for research in the humanities.

The University of Goettingen is an equal opportunity employer. Women are
therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Disabled applicants with
equivalent qualification will be treated preferentially.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a statement of research and
teaching interests, a list of publications and two examples of published
work. Review of applications will begin on September 5, 2009 and will
continue until the position is filled. Please send your application
documents to the application address listed below.

Application Deadline: 05-Sep-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. Anke Holler
	Seminar fuer Deutsche Philologie