20.2745, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Basis Technology

Tue Aug 11 17:28:06 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2745. Tue Aug 11 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2745, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Basis Technology

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Aug-2009
From:  Maher < nobue at basistech.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Basis Technology, Massachusetts, USA

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:24:34
From:  Maher [nobue at basistech.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2745.html&submissionid=226573&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Basis Technology
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.basistech.com

Job Rank: Software Engineer with Expertise in Natural Language Processing

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Basis Technology has an opening for an experienced Software Engineer with
Natural Language Processing expertise to work in our Development group. In
this position, you will join leaders in text analysis to build and enhance
linguistic capabilities of our products for document analysis and entity
processing.

This is a full-time position and is available immediately. We are located
in Cambridge, MA (near the Alewife T stop). The Company offers a
competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal
opportunity employer.

Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
-design, train, and evaluate statistical models for text analysis using
large corpora
-implement production-quality Java and C/C++ following principles of
software engineering
-collaborate with an Agile team to both research new ideas and to develop
them into products

Qualifications:
-Masters or PhD in relevant subject area (e.g., Computational Linguistics,
Machine Learning, Computer Science)
-2-5 years experience with Java, C/C++ or similar object-oriented
programming language
-2-5 years experience with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
-Experience with Python or a similar programming language
-Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations
-Speaking, reading and writing ability in languages other than English is a
plus, especially Asian or Middle Eastern languages

Please send resumes and inquiries to the email address below with "NLP
Software Engineer" in the subject line.

No phone calls, recruiters, or agency submittals please.

Email Address for Applications: jobs-eng-2009 at basistech.com
Contact Information
	Hiring Manager
	Email: jobs-eng-2009 at basistech.com