20.2754, FYI: New Website of Potsdam Split Noun Phrase Project

Wed Aug 12 15:32:52 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2754. Wed Aug 12 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2754, FYI: New Website of Potsdam Split Noun Phrase Project

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Aug-2009
From: Thomas Wiederhold < th.wiederhold at googlemail.com >

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:28:57
From: Thomas Wiederhold [th.wiederhold at googlemail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2754.html&submissionid=226709&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The ''Potsdam Split NP Project'' (DFG-Project FA 255/5 = Morphosyntax and
Phonology of split NPs and PPs) proudly presents its new and improved website!

Under http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~split we offer you an overview about
our research on discontinuous noun phrases, some of its findings, the
questionnaire we are working with, and a publications list.

One of the site's highlights is a Google map with all the languages we got
data on and whether they allow discontinuous NPs or not. If discontinuous
NPs are possible, two kinds of noun phrase discontinuity are distinguished.

You are welcome to send us comments, corrections or even further data for
languages not covered yet. In the medium term we are also finishing our
database plus its web interface and will offer open access to the
scientific public.

Thomas Wiederhold
DFG-Project FA 255/5 (= Morphosyntax and Phonology of split NPs and PPs)
Linguistics Department
Potsdam University
http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~split

                     Morphology