20.2847, Jobs: General Linguistics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Missouri

Fri Aug 21 22:51:22 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2847. Fri Aug 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2847, Jobs: General Linguistics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Missouri

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Aug-2009
From: Sharon Black < blacksa at missouri.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Missouri, USA

Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:49:16
From: Sharon Black [blacksa at missouri.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2847.html&submissionid=227707&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Missouri
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Missouri, USA
Web Address: http://english.missouri.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonology

The English Department at MU seeks an assistant professor (tenure track) in
linguistics with a specialization in phonology. PhD in linguistics or
related field preferred. Appointment begins 15 August 2010.

The successful candidate will complete a three-member faculty team in the
English department, teaching courses that contribute to an
interdisciplinary major in linguistics and to a linguistics component of
our English degrees.

MU is the state's flagship university. We offer generous research leaves
for faculty, and the standard teaching schedule is two courses per
semester. Send letter of application and cv to Patricia Okker at the
application address listed below. No electronic applications will be
accepted.  Preference given to applications received by 2 November.
Applications will be acknowledged by department letter. The University of
Missouri is an EOE/AA/ADA employer.

Application Deadline:
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor and Chair Patricia Okker