20.2872, Jobs: Linguistic Theories, Mor...: Asst Prof, U. of Toronto Mississauga

Tue Aug 25 18:05:58 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2872. Tue Aug 25 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2872, Jobs: Linguistic Theories, Mor...: Asst Prof, U. of Toronto Mississauga

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Aug-2009
From: Belinda Grayburn < belinda.grayburn at utoronto.ca >
Subject: Linguistic Theories, Morphology, Phonology, Semantics, Syntax: Asst Prof, University of Toronto Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:00:58
From: Belinda Grayburn [belinda.grayburn at utoronto.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2872.html&submissionid=228027&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Toronto Mississauga
Department: Department of Language Studies
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.utm.utoronto.ca

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Linguistic Theories; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax; Second Language Acquisition or Psycholinguistics

Assistant Professor Position in Theoretical Linguistics
Department of Language Studies
University of Toronto Mississauga

The Department of Language Studies, University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
invites applications for a tenure-track position in Theoretical Linguistics
at the Assistant Professor level, beginning July 1, 2010. Specialization
should be in the area of theoretical linguistics (phonology, morphology,
syntax, or semantics), preferably with interests in second language
acquisition or psycholinguistics. Qualifications are: A Ph. D. degree in
Theoretical Linguistics, a strong publication record, and evidence of
excellence in teaching and research. Knowledge of French, German or Italian
would be an asset. Duties consist of Teaching in the Linguistics program at
all levels (undergraduate and graduate), supervision of graduate students,
and collaboration with research groups within the Department.  Salary is
commensurate with experience and qualifications.

We encourage candidates to submit their applications online at the
following link:
https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl   If you are
unable to apply online (or alternately have large documents to send) please
submit your application and other materials to the address below.
Candidates should submit a covering letter, a current CV, copies of three
publications, and should arrange to have three letters of reference (sent
directly by referees) before October 23, 2009 to Michel Lord, Acting Chair
(see application address below).

The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its
community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group
members, women, Aboriginal persons, people with disabilities, members of
sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further
diversification of ideas. We offer opportunities to work in many
collaborative programs, including Aboriginal, Canadian, ethno-cultural,
sexual diversity, gender and women's studies. The University of Toronto
offers the opportunity to teach, conduct research and live in one of the
most diverse cities in the world. All qualified candidates are encouraged
to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

Application Deadline: 23-Oct-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Michel Lord
	U of T Mississauga, Dept. of Language Studies
	3359 Mississauga Road North
	North Building, Room 235
	Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6
	Canada