20.4201, Jobs: Language Aquisition: Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University

Tue Dec 8 19:38:20 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-4201. Tue Dec 08 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.4201, Jobs: Language Aquisition: Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-Dec-2009
From: Norma Hopf < norma.hopf at stonybrook.edu >
Subject: Language Aquisition: Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University, NY, USA

Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:36:17
From: Norma Hopf [norma.hopf at stonybrook.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-4201.html&submissionid=2230474&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Stony Brook University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.stonybrook.edu/jobs

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Stony Brook University's Department of Linguistics invites applications for
a tenure-track position in language acquisition at the rank of assistant
professor, to begin Fall 2010. Applicants should have an active research
program in language acquisition or closely related field, as well as the
ability to teach courses in language acquisition, with a priority in second
language acquisition, at the graduate and undergraduate levels (B.A.,
M.A.-TESOL, Ph.D.) Candidates should also be able to offer a range of
other graduate and undergraduate courses in linguistics, such as
bilingualism. The ideal candidate would be expected to (1) maintain an
active research program that includes an experimental or computational
dimension that complements and enhances the Department's strengths in
linguistic theory, and (2) contribute to the ongoing development of the
Department's graduate and undergraduate degree programs. The successful
candidate will have completed a Ph.D. in linguistics before September 2010.
For more information on our Department, please visit
http://www.linguistics.stonybrook.edu/

To apply, submit a cover letter, CV, representative research sample,
evidence of teaching ability, and three letters of recommendation to the
application address below. For a full position description or application
procedures, visit www.stonybrook.edu/jobs (Ref. #F-6182-09-12).
Applications for this position will be accepted until January 8, 2010.
Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

Application Deadline: 08-Jan-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Daniel Finer
	Language Acquisition Search
	Department of Linguistics
	S-223 Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
	Stony Brook, US 11794
	USA
Contact Information:
	Daniel Finer