20.4216, Jobs: Reasoning,Comp Ling: Researcher/Software Developer,North Side Inc

Wed Dec 9 15:26:07 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-4216. Wed Dec 09 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.4216, Jobs: Reasoning,Comp Ling: Researcher/Software Developer,North Side Inc

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Dec-2009
From: Eugene Joseph < eugene at northsideinc.com >
Subject: Reasoning, Computational Linguistics: Researcher / Software Developer, North Side Inc., Canada

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:23:57
From: Eugene Joseph [eugene at northsideinc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-4216.html&submissionid=2230655&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: North Side Inc.
Job Location: Quebec, Canada
Web Address: http://www.northsideinc.com

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Reasoning

North Side is developing Bot Colony - a game featuring English-based dialog
between the player and the characters.
See www.botcolony.com and YouTube Bot Colony videos.
We are developing a full NLP pipeline, with reasoning as its central component.

We are looking for a researcher and software developer with a background in
AI and reasoning to join our team in our Montreal facility.

A Ph.D. in AI or areas related to reasoning is desirable.
A background developing a First Order Predicate Logic reasoner coupled with
a good understanding of temporal logic, modal logic, deontics, reasoning on
large knowledge-bases would be ideal.

Email Address for Applications: eugene at northsideinc.com
Contact Information:
	Eugene Joseph