20.4344, FYI: New Version: GermaNet, Release 5.2

Wed Dec 16 18:34:17 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-4344. Wed Dec 16 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.4344, FYI: New Version: GermaNet, Release 5.2

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Dec-2009
From: Verena Henrich < verena.henrich at uni-tuebingen.de >
Subject: New Version: GermaNet, Release 5.2

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:31:52
From: Verena Henrich [verena.henrich at uni-tuebingen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-4344.html&submissionid=2231719&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We are happy to inform you about the availability of a new version of
GermaNet (release 5.2).

GermaNet is a lexical-semantic net that relates German nouns, verbs, and
adjectives semantically by grouping lexical units that express the same
concept into synsets and by defining semantic relations between these
synsets. GermaNet has much in common with the English WordNet
(http://wordnet.princeton.edu) and can be viewed as an on-line thesaurus or
a light-weight ontology.

GermaNet has been developed and maintained within various projects by the
research group for General and Computational Linguistics (Director: Prof.
Dr. Erhard Hinrichs) at the University of Tübingen since 1997.

For information about technical details and licensing please consult the
project home page: http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/GermaNet

On our website you can also find information about the increased coverage
of GermaNet version 5.2 compared to earlier releases.

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Lexicography
                     Semantics
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics