20.4455, Support: General Linguistics: MA / MSc Student, Cardiff University

Mon Dec 21 20:05:32 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-4455. Mon Dec 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.4455, Support: General Linguistics: MA / MSc Student, Cardiff University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Dec-2009
From: Lise Fontaine < FontaineL at cardiff.ac.uk >

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:03:49
From: Lise Fontaine [FontaineL at cardiff.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-4455.html&submissionid=2232474&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Cardiff University
Department:
Web Address: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/

Level: MA / MSc

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

AHRC Research Preparation Masters Studentship in Linguistics

We are pleased to invite applications for the above studentship in Linguistics,
to start in September 2010.

This AHRC-funded studentship covering tuition fees for British and EU
students, plus a generous stipend, is available for students applying for
the MA in Applied Linguistics.

The studentship is intended as a research preparation MA for applicants
wanting to pursue PhD research in this area. We would therefore also
welcome expressions of interest for a three year PhD AHRC funded
studentship to start in September 2011.

Please visit our webpages, clicking on 'prospective students,'
'postgraduate,' for further details and information about eligibility for
these awards. The specific site for Linguistics can be found directly at:

http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/funding/P348.html

In order to be considered for a studentship, in the first instance you need
to apply for postgraduate study at Cardiff University. We are advising
prospective applicants to apply for the MA programme as soon as possible,
and in any case before 31st January 2010.

Information about the research interests and publications of all CLCR
staff, details of past and current research projects, and our preferred
themes for PhD research can be found on our website at:

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/encap/research/clcr/index.html

You can also contact any of the following staff for advice on how to apply:

Professor Nik Coupland, PhD Admissions, coupland at cardiff.ac.uk
Dr Tom Bartlett, Director MA in Applied Linguistics, bartlettT at cardiff.ac.uk
Dr Joanna Thornborrow, Director PGR Studies, thornborrowj1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Mrs Dawn Harrington, CLCR PGR Administrator, harringtond at cardiff.ac.uk