20.330, All: Seeking Prize Donors: 2009 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Mon Feb 2 16:33:02 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-330. Mon Feb 02 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.330, All: Seeking Prize Donors: 2009 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 27-Jan-2009
From: Catherine Adams < catherin at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Seeking Prize Donors: 2009 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:31:20
From: Catherine Adams [catherin at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-330.html&submissionid=203429&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Subscribers,

As The LINGUIST List crew prepares to launch our annual Fund Drive, we ask for
your help in making this year's effort a success. To encourage contributions to
Fund Drive 2009, we would like to offer interesting and relevant prizes - and we
are asking you, our subscribers, to help our efforts by donating these prize
materials.

We understand that in these difficult and uncertain economic times, many readers
may not be able to contribute directly to our fund raising efforts. In years
past, only a small percentage of our subscribers have donated during our annual
Fund Drive. It is our hope that this year a greater number of readers
contribute, helping to ensure the survival of LINGUIST while reducing this
financial burden of a few donors. The prize materials we offer are a critical
element of our annual Fund Drive - they provide an incentive to those who may
not otherwise contribute.

Prizes are awarded to winners of puzzles, games, and the random drawings we run
throughout our Fund Drive. They are also offered as gifts to donors contributing
over a certain amount. If you have published a book, are on the editorial board
of a journal, or secretly create clever linguistics or language related
merchandise in your spare time, we ask that you help our efforts by donating
these items as LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2009 prizes!

Your donation will help LINGUIST raise the funds necessary to continue our free
services for another year. You will also receive publicity and recognition as
your prize is distributed to contributors and your name is included in a list of
our Prize Donors, a feature included in our Fund Drive 2009 emails and on our
Fund Drive website pages.

If you would like to donate a prize to help our Fund Drive 2009 efforts, please
notify Maria Moreno-Rollins maria at linguistlist.org by Friday, February 27. Maria
will email instructions on how to proceed based on the type and quantity of
prizes you wish to donate.

The LINGUIST List relies on your help to keep our free, public services
operational. Now more than ever, please consider donating a prize and letting
others know they can do the same. Your fellow linguists will thank you!

We look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable