20.381, Qs: Introduction Book in English with European Data

Thu Feb 5 19:17:47 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-381. Thu Feb 05 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.381, Qs: Introduction Book in English with European Data

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Dan Parker <dan at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Feb-2009
From: Regina Morin < rmorin at tcnj.edu >

Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:16:40
From: Regina Morin [rmorin at tcnj.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-381.html&submissionid=204611&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

We are a Modern Languages Department with a small linguistics component,
mostly taught in Spanish about Spanish. We would like to design an
introductory linguistics course to be taught in English, as part of a
European Languages major, that could be used for students of Spanish,
French, Italian and German who have little or no knowledge of linguistics.
We are seeking suggestions for an accessible introduction to linguistics
text book, that uses  data from European languages.