20.526, FYI: Endangered Language Fund Scholarships for 3L Summer School

Wed Feb 18 20:04:28 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-526. Wed Feb 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.526, FYI: Endangered Language Fund Scholarships for 3L Summer School

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Feb-2009
From: Doug Whalen < elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org >

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:00:49
From: Doug Whalen [elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-526.html&submissionid=206079&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Native Voices Endowment (NVE) of the Endangered Language Fund (ELF)
will provide up to two scholarships for attending the ''3L'' International
Summer School on Language Documentation and Description, School of Oriental
and African Studies, London 22 June - 3 July 2009.

As with all NVE applications, certain restrictions apply:
* The applicant must be a tribally enrolled member of one of the tribes
contacted by the Lewis & Clark Expedition (see
http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/eligible_tribes.html for a list of
tribes).
* Matching funds (1:1) are required.  ELF will provide $1,000, to be
matched by $1,000 from other sources.

Qualified applicants should send a note of inquiry to:
elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org

We expect to make one or two awards, depending on demand and availability
of funds.

Doug Whalen DhW

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation