20.524, FYI: Endangered Language Fund Request for Proposals

Wed Feb 18 18:42:09 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-524. Wed Feb 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.524, FYI: Endangered Language Fund Request for Proposals

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Feb-2009
From: Doug Whalen < elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org >

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:40:50
From: Doug Whalen [elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-524.html&submissionid=206076&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Endangered Language Fund provides grants for work on documenting and
revitalizing endangered languages.  The deadline for the next round of
grants is April 20th, 2009.  All applications should be submitted
electronically.

Details can be found at:
http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/request.html

Grants are for one year and can have budgets up to $4,000, though the
average is $2,500.  Applications can originate anywhere; awards have
historically been proportional to the regions covered by the applications.

Questions can be emailed to:
elf at endangeredlanguagefund.org

The grants are supported almost entirely by the generosity of our donors.
To see how to become a donor, please go to:
http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/donate.html

Doug Whalen DhW

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation