20.552, Jobs: General Linguistics: Conversation Analyst, Verilogue, Inc.

Sat Feb 21 05:30:23 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-552. Sat Feb 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.552, Jobs: General Linguistics: Conversation Analyst, Verilogue, Inc.

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Feb-2009
From: Anita Maximo < amaximo at verilogue.com >
Subject: General Linguistics: Conversation Analyst/Applied Linguist, Verilogue, Inc., PA, USA

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:28:33
From: Anita Maximo [amaximo at verilogue.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-552.html&submissionid=206174&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Verilogue, Inc.
Department: Analytics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.verilogue.com

Job Rank: Conversation Analyst/Applied Linguist

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

About Verilogue:
Verilogue brings patients, physicians and the healthcare industry together
to share information, enhance disease understanding and participate in
medical marketing research. In order to develop more effective medicines
and communication materials for patients and physicians, the healthcare
industry requires more insightful customer data.

Overview:
Our Analytics Group applies linguistic and conversation analytic methods to
physician-patient conversations, delivering deep insights about disease
education, treatment selection, and emotional and attitudinal influences on
interactions, among other aspects of physician-patient encounters.
Verilogue is seeking an applied linguist with experience in conversation
and discourse analysis, corpus linguistics, conceptual metaphor theory
(CMT), and/or traditional market research to support the delivery of
strategic research reports and other projects.

Primary Job Responsibilities:
-  Analyzing large bodies of conversational data;
-  Aggregating and reporting insights and findings in PowerPoint format;
-  Rapidly developing an understanding of the health care and
pharmaceutical industry;
-  Developing material for and facilitating discussions during client
workshops; and,
-  Developing external communications, including marketing newsletters,
articles for scholarly and consumer publications, conference presentations,
etc.

Key Competencies:
-  Leadership skills, personal incentive, and a demonstrated ability to
undertake and successfully conclude projects with minimal supervision;
-  An understanding of basic principles of analyzing language-in-use,
conceptual metaphors, and discourse structure;
-  Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both autonomously and
collaboratively;
-  A sharp eye for detail, precise thinking, the ability to make close,
analytical judgments, and a practiced sense of order and organization;
-  Experience in corpus or text analysis, conversation analysis,
sociolinguistics, and/or ethnographic research; and,
-  Solid computer and software competency in a PC/Windows environment,
including Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).

Qualifications:
-  Excellent academic credentials: graduate-level coursework in linguistics
preferred; advanced undergraduate coursework acceptable;
-  At least two years experience in a professional or business environment;
and,
-  Experience applying linguistic expertise to real language data.

Compensation and Benefits:
Verilogue provides a base salary, bonus and equity plans commensurate with
candidate experience and position requirements.  Health and welfare
benefits include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans.  Other
benefits include a 401(k) retirement plan, life and accidental death
insurance, paid vacation and holidays.  Our employees also enjoy flexible
schedules and a casual work environment.

Verilogue rewards personal excellence in the pursuit of our common goals
and is extraordinarily respectful of the individual and of the creative,
intellectual and cultural diversity of our team.  Our culture has allowed
us to attract and retain talented individuals who are driven by a vision of
the way we will transform the practice of health care communication.

If you are interested in joining Verilogue, please e-mail your resume and
salary requirements to the application email listed below or fax your
resume to 866-379-3306.

Verilogue, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.

Email Address for Applications: careers at verilogue.com
Contact Information:
	HR Director Anita Maximo
	Email: amaximo at verilogue.com