20.569, All: New Calls/Conferences Features on LINGUIST

Tue Feb 24 01:36:34 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-569. Mon Feb 23 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.569, All: New Calls/Conferences Features on LINGUIST

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 23-Feb-2009
From: Calls & Conferences Editors The LINGUIST List < callconf at linguistlist.org >
Subject: New Calls/Conferences Features on LINGUIST

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:34:03
From: Calls & Conferences Editors The LINGUIST List [callconf at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-569.html&submissionid=206526&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Readers,

We are delighted to announce our new interface for the Calls & Conferences Area
on LINGUIST!

In addition to the updated look of this area, we have changed the functionality
to help streamline the submission process. The Calls & Conferences area now
provides you with:

- A single form that allows conference descriptions, program announcements,
session information, and calls for papers
- A "comment box" to leave instructions or remarks to our editors
- Previews of both the email and the HTML versions of your announcement
- An FAQ page for quick consultation

Please note that our new design incorporates helpful components from the
previous Calls & Conference Area, such as the events calendar, the browsing
index and EasyAbs. To reach these web pages, please visit:

http://linguistlist.org/callconf/index.html

We hope our new Calls & Conferences interface improves your experience with The
LINGUIST List!

Sincerely,

The LINGUIST Crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable