20.609, Jobs: Spanish & Neurolinguistics: Senior Researcher, BCBL

Thu Feb 26 18:55:36 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-609. Thu Feb 26 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.609, Jobs: Spanish & Neurolinguistics: Senior Researcher, BCBL

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Feb-2009
From: AITOR AYESTA < a.ayesta at bcbl.eu >
Subject: Spanish & Neurolinguistics: Senior Researcher, BCBL, San Sebastian, Spain

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:53:24
From: AITOR AYESTA [a.ayesta at bcbl.eu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-609.html&submissionid=206831&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: BCBL
Job Location: San Sebastian, Spain
Web Address: http://www.bcbl.eu

Job Rank: Senior Researcher

Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language (San Sebastián, Basque
Country, Spain) offers senior research staff positions in several areas:
language acquisition, production, multilingualism, neurodegeneration of
language, language and learning disorders and advanced methods for
cognitive neuroscience. The center promotes a rich research environment
without teaching obligations with access to the most advanced behavioral
and neuroimaging techniques, including MRI 3 Tesla, a whole-head MEG
system, four ERP labs, a TMS lab, an eyetracking lab, and several
behavioural labs well equipped, as well as to technical support and
research personnel (Ph.D. and postdoctoral students). The senior positions
are permanent appointments and most likely involving group leading duties.

We are looking for experimental scientists with a background in
psycholinguistics and/or cognitive neuroscience neighbor areas for the
content areas and physics and/or engineers for the methodological areas.
All interested in undertaking research in the fields described in
www.bcbl.eu (research).

Candidates should have a strong publication track record. A track record
in supervising Ph.D. students would be welcome.

Applications should include:
(i) a curriculum vitae.
(ii) a list of publications.
(iii) two letters of recommendation.
(iv) examples of published work.
(v) a cover letter describing research interests.

For more information about the positions and how to apply please check the
web page www.bcbl.eu and click on Jobs.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Aitor Ayesta