20.34, Jobs: Various Languages & Cultural Expertise: Translator/Other, CIA

Tue Jan 6 16:59:00 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-34. Tue Jan 06 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.34, Jobs: Various Languages & Cultural Expertise: Translator/Other, CIA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Jan-2009
From: dana mitchell < dana.mitchell at tmpgovernment.com >
Subject: Various Languages & Foreign Language & Cultural Expertise: Translator / Other, Central Intelligence Agency, District of Columbia, USA

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:57:26
From: dana mitchell [dana.mitchell at tmpgovernment.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-34.html&submissionid=201186&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Central Intelligence Agency
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.cia.gov

Job Rank: Translator / Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation; Foreign
language & Cultural Expertise

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      Deori (der)
                      Dari, Zoroastrian (gbz)
                      Indonesian (ind)
                      Korean (kor)
                      Pévé (lme)
                      Pashto, Southern (pbt)
                      Pashto, Northern (pbu)
                      Farsi, Eastern (prs)
                      Pashto, Central (pst)
                      Russian (rus)
                      Urdu (urd)

Central Intelligence Agency
You can make a world of difference.

National Clandestine Service Careers - Linguists

Are you up to the challenge of achieving our mission abroad? The CIA's
National Clandestine Service (NCS) is seeking highly qualified applicants
with foreign language and cultural expertise that can make a difference to
protect our country's security. NCS Language Officers engage in
translation, interpretation and other language-specific functions in
support of the intelligence issues of critical importance to US national
security. This career track offers rewarding, fast-paced and high-impact
challenges.

Applicants must possess a high degree of personal integrity, a love of
country, a team-player attitude, strong interpersonal skills and advanced
English and foreign language skills. We welcome applicants from various
academic and professional backgrounds. All applicants must successfully
undergo several personal interviews, medical and psychological exams,
aptitude and language testing, a polygraph interview, and a background
investigation. Following entry on duty, candidates will undergo
job-specific training. US citizenship required. An equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free work force.

For more information and to apply please visit the application website
listed below.

Application Deadline: 31-May-2009 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.cia.gov