20.2362, FYI: Dialogue and Discourse: A New Int'l Journal

Thu Jul 2 14:30:28 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2362. Thu Jul 02 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2362, FYI: Dialogue and Discourse: A New Int'l Journal

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jun-2009
From: Jonathan Ginzburg < jonathan.ginzburg at kcl.ac.uk >
Subject: Dialogue and Discourse: A New Int'l Journal

Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:28:20
From: Jonathan Ginzburg [jonathan.ginzburg at kcl.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2362.html&submissionid=222187&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We are happy to announce the launch of a new international journal,
"Dialogue and Discourse."

http://www.dialogue-and-discourse.org/

"Dialogue and Discourse" reflects the surge of interest in the analysis of
language 'beyond the single sentence,' in discourse (i.e., text, monologue)
and dialogue, from a formal, computational, or experimental perspective, as
reflected in the wide range of work presented at the SEMDIAL
(http://www.illc.uva.nl/semdial/) and SIGDIAL conferences
(http://www.sigdial.org/), and various other forums. "Dialogue and
Discourse" will be the first journal devoted to a wide dissemination of
such work.

Our aim is to publish:
* the best research in the area of dialogue and discourse (as specified in
our Aims and Scope, http://www.dialogue-and-discourse.org/aims.html).
* in a timely fashion (we are committed to achieving a mean time of 3
months between submission and decision).
* a journal open to interested readers everywhere (open access, online).

We are part of the e-journal initiative of the Linguistic Society of America:

http://elanguage.net/home.php

Articles will be published online as soon as they have been accepted. Each
year, a hardcopy volume, collecting all articles of the year will be
published by CSLI Publications, Stanford.

The journal can be found on the following two sites, each of which provides
immediate access to a submission portal and to available articles:

1.) http://elanguage.net/journals/index.php/dad/index

2.) http://www.dialogue-and-discourse.org

As with any journal, the two most important resources are its contributors
and its readers. The journal is open for submissions and we urge you to
consider submitting your work on any topic relevant to Dialogue and
Discourse. Our first articles should start appearing within the next two
months.

Jonathan Ginzburg, for
The Managing Editors
http://www.dialogue-and-discourse.org/boards.html