20.2398, FYI: New MCS in Cognitive Neuroscience, Uni of Trento

Sun Jul 5 04:11:54 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2398. Sun Jul 05 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2398, FYI: New MCS in Cognitive Neuroscience, Uni of Trento

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Jul-2009
From: Francesca Bacci < mcs at unitn.it >

Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 00:10:18
From: Francesca Bacci [mcs at unitn.it]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2398.html&submissionid=222467&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know about our new Master's program in Cognitive
Science at the University of Trento, Italy. The program comprises of two
years. It is taught entirely in English by our international faculty.
Students can choose between two tracks:
1.) Cognitive Neuroscience track-
http://international.unitn.it/mcs/cns-cognitive-neuroscience
2.) Language and Multi-Modal Interaction track-
http://international.unitn.it/mcs/lmi-language-and-multimodal-interaction

The first year aims to build the student's methodological/theoretical bases
and the second provides the opportunity for hands-on research experience.
This is quite unique, because normally students are not granted an
opportunity to have access to fMRI, EEG, MEG, and eye trackers at the
master's level, but rather have to wait to be Ph.D. candidates.

Our goal is to form a future generation of bright and young researchers,
who can use this program as a springboard towards an academic career in
neuroscience with a distinct advantage and will be used to an international
and English-speaking environment by the time they start their Ph.D.

The application is a simple on-line procedure, which can be accessed via
http://old.disi.unitn.it/edu/appform/login.xml.

Please feel free to this distribute this letter widely to interested
parties and students who may want to apply. At this time, we can enroll
European students only (deadline: 31 July 2009), as the deadline for non-EU
candidates has already passed. You can find more information here:

http://international.unitn.it/mcs/two-year-master-program-cognitive-science

Do not hesitate to contact me for any queries you may have.

Kind regards,

Francesca Bacci
Master's Course Coordinator

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science