20.2470, Support: Linguistics: MA/MSc Student, University of Porto

Fri Jul 10 16:37:48 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2470. Fri Jul 10 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2470, Support: Linguistics: MA/MSc Student, University of Porto

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Jul-2009
From: Ana Maria Brito < abrito at letras.up.pt >
Subject: Linguistics: MA/MSc Student, University of Porto, Portugal

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:35:04
From: Ana Maria Brito [abrito at letras.up.pt]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2470.html&submissionid=223107&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: University of Porto, Faculty of Arts
Department: Dept. Portuguese and Romance Studies
Web Address: http://www.letras.up.pt

Level: MA / MSc

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Applications are now being accepted for the MA Course and the PhD Courses in
Linguistics. The deadline is July 14th (first period) and September 12th (second
period).

The MA Course is a two years program, with the second year dedicated to the
elaboration of a dissertation. The first year includes the teaching of the
fundamental areas in Linguistics - Psycholinguistics, Semantics, Syntax,
Phonology, Text / Discourse - with the possibility of choosing Historical
Linguistics, Computational Linguistics and History of Grammar. A license (180
ECTS or equivalent) is required.

The Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), the national institution for
research in Portugal, offers funding which may be applied for and put toward
this program of study.

For further information please see our webpage at the address above.

Application Deadline: 12-Sep-2009

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Prof. Ana Maria Brito
	FLUP