20.2483, TOC: Journal of the International Phonetic Association 39/2 (2009)

Sun Jul 12 03:42:26 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2483. Sat Jul 11 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2483, TOC: Journal of the International Phonetic Association 39/2 (2009)

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Hannah Morales <hannah at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jul-2009
From: Daniel Davies < ddavies at cambridge.org >
Subject: Journal of the International Phonetic Association Vol 39, No 2 (2009)

Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:36:09
From: Daniel Davies [ddavies at cambridge.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2483.html&submissionid=223549&topicid=11&msgnumber=1

Publisher:	Cambridge University Press
			http://us.cambridge.org

Journal Title:  Journal of the International Phonetic Association
Volume Number:  39
Issue Number:  2
Issue Date:  2009

Main Text:

Differences in Airstream and Posterior Place of Articulation among N?uu Clicks
Amanda L. Miller, Johanna Brugman, Bonny Sands, Levi Namaseb, Mats Exter, Chris
Collins

The Phonetics of Register in Takhian Thong Chong
Christian T. DiCanio

Estimation of Vocal Tract Steadiness in Speakers of Mandarin-Accented English
Yang Chen

The Alignment of L + H* Pitch Accents in Persian Intonation
Nima Sadat-Tehrani

Response to W. J. Barry & J. Trouvain, Do We Need a Symbol for a Central Open
Vowel? <i>JIPA</i> 38 (2008), 349-357.
Daniel Recasens

Response to W. J. Barry & J. Trouvain, Do We Need a Symbol for a Central Open
Vowel? <i>JIPA</i> 38 (2008), 349-357.
Martin J. Ball

Vowels and Consonants: An introduction to the sounds of languages. Oxford:
Blackwell Publishing, 2005.
Mark Tatham

Longman Pronunciation Dictionary. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited, 2008.
Jack Windsor Lewis

Mah Meri
Nicole Kruspe, John Hajek

Mavea
Valerie Guerin, Katsura Aoyama

New URL for the IPA Website
Katerina Nicolaidis

IPA Volume 39 Issue 2 Cover and Back Matter
IPA Volume 39 Issue 2 Cover and Front Matter

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics