20.2519, Jobs: Morphology & Phonology: Assoc, Full or Distinguished Prof, CUNY

Thu Jul 16 13:34:51 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2519. Thu Jul 16 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2519, Jobs: Morphology & Phonology: Assoc, Full or Distinguished Prof, CUNY

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Jul-2009
From: Nishi Bissoondial < nbissoondial at gc.cuny.edu >
Subject: Morphology & Phonology: Associate, Full or Distinguished Professor, City University of New York's Graduate Center, USA

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:32:47
From: Nishi Bissoondial [nbissoondial at gc.cuny.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2519.html&submissionid=224071&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: City University of New York's Graduate Center
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://web.gc.cuny.edu/Linguistics

Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Morphology; Phonology

The PhD and MA Program in Linguistics at The Graduate Center of the City
University of New York invites applications for a linguist of distinction
who specializes in comparative or field linguistics with a preferred
specialization in phonology/morphology. We seek an internationally
recognized scholar with a strong record of interdisciplinary research in
bi- or multilingualism, second language acquisition, languages in contact,
language conservation, or language maintenance, attrition, and shift.

The Graduate Center, which is the PhD-granting institution of CUNY, is
devoted to advancing original research and training graduate students in
over 30 fields in the humanities, social sciences and sciences. This
position is part of a Graduate Center-wide initiative to hire new faculty
interested in the interdisciplinary study of immigration and globalization.
We expect that during the next three years this initiative will result in
the hiring of six scholars (in both the humanities and social sciences)
doing groundbreaking work related to the interdisciplinary study of social
change in an era of globalization.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
PhD required. The search committee envisions making a senior appointment,
but a less senior applicant of exceptional distinction will be considered.
A particularly strong candidate may be nominated as a Distinguished
Professor. The successful candidate must have demonstrated
interdisciplinary interests and a proven ability to work collaboratively.

TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and
contact information for at least three references (no letters are needed at
this time).

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Linguistics Search Committee The CUNY Graduate Center
	Ph.D. and M.A. Program in Linguistics
	365 Fifth Avenue
	room 7407
	New York, NY 10016-4309