20.2536, Jobs: Semantics: Annotator, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

Sat Jul 18 11:50:52 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2536. Sat Jul 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2536, Jobs: Semantics: Annotator, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Jul-2009
From: Michael Osofsky < mosofsky at netbase.com >
Subject: Semantics: Annotator, NetBase Solutions, Inc., Telecommute

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 07:48:38
From: Michael Osofsky [mosofsky at netbase.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2536.html&submissionid=224288&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Job Location: (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.netbase.com

Job Rank: Annotator

Specialty Areas: Semantics

NetBase, a well-funded, fast growing company with an impressive roster of
top-tier Fortune 500 companies, seeks part-time help to do semantic annotation.

NetBase delivers Content Intelligence solutions that harness value and
insight from any source, including the Internet, premium and enterprise
content.  NetBase reads every sentence inside documents, linguistically
understands the content and powers breakthrough search experiences with
relevant answers and insights.  NetBase is being used by organizations that
are recognized as global leaders in healthcare, publishing, manufacturing,
consumer packaged goods and government such as Elsevier, Clorox, 3M, The US
Army, Pepsi and many more.

This job involves reviewing web pages and collecting data for a data mining
project.  The work can be done at any time of day as long as final
deadlines are met.  The work can be done from any computer with Internet
access.  We seek candidates with a passion for linguistics, semantics,
words, and meaning.  In particular, we would like candidates with
experience or expertise in the Berkeley FrameNet project.

The hourly rate is $15/hour for graduate students, $12.75 for
undergraduates.  Applicants must be able to sign an assignment of
intellectual property agreement covering the output of this work.
Authorization to work in the US is required.

To apply: Please submit a brief cover letter to the application email
listed below with the subject of 'Annotator'.

Email Address for Applications: team at netbase.com
Contact Information:
	Michael Osofsky
	Email: mosofsky at netbase.com