20.2251, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Rank Open, Hampshire College

Sun Jun 21 12:12:14 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2251. Sun Jun 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2251, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Rank Open, Hampshire College

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Jun-2009
From: Jean Fournier < jfournier at hampshire.edu >
Subject: Cognitive Science: Rank Open, Hampshire College, Amherst, MA, USA

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:10:10
From: Jean Fournier [jfournier at hampshire.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2251.html&submissionid=221247&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Hampshire College
Department: School of Cognitive Science
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.hampshire.edu

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

Visiting Faculty Position in Linguistics

The School of Cognitive Science at Hampshire College is accepting
applications for a one-year, three-quarter-time (.75 fte) visiting faculty
appointment for the 2009/10 academic year. The position carries a 4-course
per year teaching load. The area of specialization is open. We are
particularly interested in candidates who have successful records in
undergraduate teaching and who can make connections across the cognitive or
neural sciences.

Completed PhD preferred. Candidates should forward a CV, a statement of
teaching and professional interests, and three letters of recommendation to
the application address listed below. Materials may be submitted
electronically to the application email below. Review of candidates begins
immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions
about the position may be directed by electronic mail to the Dean of
Cognitive Science, Neil Stillings.

Hampshire College, located in Amherst, Massachusetts, is an independent,
innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College
consortium. More information is available at the URL listed above.  The
College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally
diverse intellectual community and strongly encourages applications from
women and minority candidates.

Application Deadline: 01-Sep-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Linguistics Search Jean Fournier
	Hampshire College
	893 West St.
	Amherst, MA 01002
	USA
Email Address for Applications: jmfCS at helios.hampshire.edu
Contact Information:
	Dean of Cognitive Science Neil Stillings
	Email: nstillings at hampshire.edu