20.2260, All: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panelists Needed

Mon Jun 22 19:23:50 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2260. Mon Jun 22 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2260, All: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panelists Needed

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 18-Jun-2009
From: LINGUIST List < pubs at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panelists Needed

Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:22:26
From: LINGUIST List [pubs at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2260.html&submissionid=221108&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are still looking for volunteers to serve on our newly developed
Wiley-Blackwell Compass Panel! We had an overwhelming response to our
initial call for Panel volunteers, but we are still soliciting members for
this panel, particularly in the fields of Phonology, Phonetics, Language
Acquisition, Historical Linguistics, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax, and
Computational Linguistics. This is an exciting new opportunity to be
involved with LINGUIST List and the online linguistics community.

In 2008, LINGUIST developed the Wiley-Blackwell Language & Linguistics
Compass Discussion Forum, which is a special area of our site that provides
free, full-text access to selected Language and Linguistics Compass
articles - as well as a comment board to discuss the articles with your
peers. This has been a very successful project with a large viewer base,
and one we hope to continue for many years.

In the Discussion Forum, users can post comments and/or questions about the
contents of each article. In some cases the article authors have even
posted their own thoughts and guiding questions. In order to ensure that
there is some guided discussion by up-and-coming linguists, as well as
established ones, we are attempting to compile a group of panelists who
will post comments and initiate discussion of these articles on the comment
boards, as well as selecting articles for each new issue. This is a good
opportunity to gain experience "reviewing" articles and establish a
connection with a major linguistics publisher, while engaging in academic
discussion of recent linguistics articles.

If you can recommend someone to serve on the panel, or if you yourself
would like to volunteer, we would love to hear from you. Please send your
recommendations to pubs at linguistlist.org. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes,

Publications Team
The LINGUIST List