20.2294, FYI: Lingustic Politeness Research Group: New Website

Thu Jun 25 17:55:37 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2294. Thu Jun 25 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2294, FYI: Lingustic Politeness Research Group: New Website

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Jun-2009
From: Sara Mills < sara.mills4 at btinternet.com >

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:54:03
From: Sara Mills [sara.mills4 at btinternet.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2294.html&submissionid=221787&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Linguistic Politeness Research Group was established in 1998 in order
to bring together researchers who were working on the analysis of
linguistic politeness and impoliteness.

We felt that there had been a significant change in the way that politeness
was analysed and that these theoretical changes made politeness a subject
which was of wider interest to linguists as a whole, and had implications
for research in many areas of linguistics.

Working in a post-Brown and Levinson model of politeness, we are all
attempting to develop new ways of theorising and analysing politeness and
impoliteness.

Please visit our new website to access our online resources:

http://research.shu.ac.uk/politeness/

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Pragmatics