20.744, FYI: John Benjamns Publishing at AAAL

Mon Mar 9 03:42:32 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-744. Sun Mar 08 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.744, FYI: John Benjamns Publishing at AAAL

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Mar-2009
From: Paul Peranteau < paul at benjamins.com >
Subject: John Benjamns Publishing at AAAL

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 23:41:17
From: Paul Peranteau [paul at benjamins.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-744.html&submissionid=207702&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

John Benjamins Publishing wishes to invite the participants of the American
Association for Applied Linguistics (Denver, 21-24 March 2009) to visit
with us at our exhibit. Present will be Ms. Seline Benjamins, Director, and
Mr. Kees Vaes, Acquisitions Editor. They would be glad to discuss your book
proposal with you.

Discounts at the booth will be substantial, but on a first come-first serve
basis (supply is limited).

Two new items are of special interest:
The first volume in our new book series Task-Based Language Teaching:
Issues, Research and Practice (TBLT). TBLT is an educational framework for
the theory and practice of teaching second or foreign languages. The first
volume is entitled: Task-Based Language Teaching.  A reader,  edited by
Kris Van den Branden, Martin Bygate and John M. Norris

A new software program: ConcGram 1.0. A phraseological search engine. This
is a corpus linguistics software package which is specifically designed to
find all the co-occurrences of words in a text or corpus irrespective of
variation.