20.776, Jobs: English & TESOL: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University

Tue Mar 10 17:06:14 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-776. Tue Mar 10 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.776, Jobs: English & TESOL: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Mar-2009
From: Bethany Townsend < bethany at linguistlist.org >
Subject: English & TESOL: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, USA

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:04:16
From: Bethany Townsend [bethany at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-776.html&submissionid=208287&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Old Dominion University
Department: English
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://al.odu.edu/english/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English at Old Dominion University invites applications
for a tenure-track appointment in linguistics with a specialty in TESOL to
teach undergraduate and graduate courses.

Required:
PhD in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics by August 15, 2009.  Must
demonstrate research and teaching success and be qualified to teach courses
in TESOL methods, first and second language acquisition, and other
linguistics courses as needed.

Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references
to the application address listed below. Review of applications will begin
March 16 and continue until position is filled.  Old Dominion University is
an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and requires compliance
with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

Application Deadline: 16-Mar-2009 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Jeffrey Richards
	Department of English
	Old Dominion University