20.853, FYI: CLARIN Call for Final Proposals for Collaboration

Fri Mar 13 17:26:27 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-853. Fri Mar 13 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.853, FYI: CLARIN Call for Final Proposals for Collaboration

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Mar-2009
From: Tamás Váradi < varadi at nytud.hu >

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:03:24
From: Tamás Váradi [varadi at nytud.hu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-853.html&submissionid=208768&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Editor's note: This issue contains non-ISO-8859-1 characters.
To view the correct characters, go to http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-853.html.

Dear Colleagues,

This is a sequel to an earlier announcement containing an invitation to
submit pre-proposals for the Call for Collaboration with Humanities and
Social Sciences Projects recently issued by the Common Language Resources
and Technology Infrastructure (CLARIN) research infrastructure project.

We are now inviting final proposals. As submitting a pre-proposal was
optional, the Call is still open to new proposers. Those who have submitted
pre-proposals have received feedback are asked to prepare the final proposals.

The text of the Call is available at:

http://www.clarin.eu/wp3/wp3/wp3-documents/call-for-full-proposals-for-collaboration-with-humanities-and-social-sciences

or ( a shorter url to the same page):

 http://www.clarin.eu/node/2317 )

The Call, as indeed the whole CLARIN project (www.clarin.eu) is aimed at
helping research in the humanities and social sciences by offering language
technology support (resources in the form of corpora, lexical databases
etc. as well as tools to process them).

We would like to reach out to colleagues in the humanities and social
sciences who may benefit from the use of language technologies in their
research.

I would be grateful if you would kindly help the CLARIN community to
disseminate the Call by passing it on to university departments, research
centres or individual colleagues who may be interested.

I would even appreciate suggestions for lists, organisations etc. where the
call should be forwarded to.

We are still encouraging every interested colleague to apply. You are most
welcome to contact any of the following persons if you need advice about
whether or how to submit a proposal:

    *

      Koenraad De Smedt [clarin at uib.no]
    *