20.942, Support: General Linguistics: PhD Student, University of Ulster

Wed Mar 18 14:14:17 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-942. Wed Mar 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.942, Support: General Linguistics: PhD Student, University of Ulster

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Mar-2009
From: Raffalla Folli < r.folli at ulster.ac.uk >
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Student, University of Ulster, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:12:41
From: Raffalla Folli [r.folli at ulster.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-942.html&submissionid=209306&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: University of Ulster
Department: School of Communication
Web Address: http://www.socsci.ulster.ac.uk./comms/index.html

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

We are pleased to announce that the University of Ulster has a number of DEL
research studentships available in a number of subjects among which is
Linguistics. These pay tuition fees and an annual maintenance award of not less
than £13,290 per annum. Full awards are available only to applicants normally
resident in the UK. Applicants for these awards must have or expect to obtain in
Summer 2009 the minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a subject
area appropriate to the project.

Supervision is available in most areas of Linguistics and information about
proposed research projects can be found at:
http://www.socsci.ulster.ac.uk./gradschool/ling_projects.html

The linguistic unit is composed of four staff members: Dr. Raffaella Folli,
Prof. Alison Henry, Dr. Catrin Rhys, Dr. Christiane Ulbrich. Information about
each member can be found at:
http://www.ulster.ac.uk/staff/dept-cmm.html

The closing date for the receipt of applications for full-time study and
associated awards will be Friday, 3 April 2009. For information on how to apply
visit http://research.ulster.ac.uk/info/status/prospective.html
Interviews will form part of the selection process and are likely to be held
during the period late April to early May 2009. Selected applicants will be
contacted with further details shortly after the closing date.

Further information about the linguistic research can be found at:
http://www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/research/humanities/staff_list.html

The School of Communication is also offering a new M.Sc. in Language and
Linguistics which will take its first intake in September 2009. Information
about this programme can be found at
http://prospectus.ulster.ac.uk/course/?id=5659

Initial enquiries about postgraduate study in Linguistics at the University of
Ulster should be sent to Dr Raffaella Folli (see contact information below).

Application Deadline: 03-Apr-2009

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Dr Raffaella Folli
	Shore Road
	Jordanstown Campus
	Newtownabbey UK BT370QB
	United Kingdom

Web Address for Applications: http://research.ulster.ac.uk/info/status/prospective.html

Contact Information:
	Folli Raffaella Folli
	r.folli at ulster.ac.uk
	Phone:+442890366615

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2009 LINGUIST List Restaurant and join us for a delightful treat!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2009/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non
Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be
offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.