20.1129, Jobs: English: Assoc Prof, Nottingham University

Sat Mar 28 22:51:11 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1129. Sat Mar 28 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1129, Jobs: English: Assoc Prof, Nottingham University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Mar-2009
From:  University Nottingham < roshni.mooneeram at nottingham.edu.cn. >
Subject: English: Assoc Prof, Nottingham University, Ningbo, China

Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:49:48
From:  University Nottingham [roshni.mooneeram at nottingham.edu.cn.]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1129.html&submissionid=211093&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Nottingham University
Department: Division of English Studies
Job Location: Ningbo, China
Web Address: http://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk

Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Modern English Language

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Associate Professor in Modern English Language and Head of the Division of
English Studies

Applications are invited for the above post in the Division of English
Studies based at the University of Nottingham Ningbo, China. The newly
established Division was founded in 2007, developing a range of Master's
and B.A. programmes in the areas of applied linguistics, stylistics,
discourse studies, modern literary studies, and language policy for higher
education, EAP, and spoken English. The successful candidate will provide
academic leadership and effective management for the Division of English
Studies and the Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, an established track
record in research, strong record of publication and attracting research
funding and experience of teaching in relevant subjects at undergraduate
and postgraduate level in an international English-speaking institution.

Salary will be within the range £46,278 - £55,259 per annum; depending on
qualifications and experience (salary can progress to £65,695 per annum,
subject to performance). The post will be offered on a fixed-term contract
with the University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China for a period of five years
with effect from 1 September 2009, with the possibility of renewal.

Informal enquiries regarding this vacancy may be addressed to:

Dr. Roshni Mooneeram, Head of Division of English Studies, University of
Nottingham Ningbo, China (see contact information below).

Professor Dominic Head, School of English Studies, University of Nottingham, UK
Email: dominic.head at nottingham.ac.uk,
Tel: +44 (0) 115 951 4647

Professor Rebecca Hughes, Director of Centre for English Language Education
(CELE)
Email: rebecca.hughes at nottingham.ac.uk,
Tel: +44 (0) 115 951 4893

Professor Roger Woods, Provost, University of Nottingham Ningbo, China
Email: roger.woods at nottingham.edu.cn,
Tel: +86 (0)574 8818 0105

To apply on-line and to see further details, please visit:
http://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/UNNC61

If you are unable to apply on-line please contact 0115 951 3262. Please
quote ref. UNNC/61

For all our vacancies and more about working at the University of
Nottingham visit our website.

Application Deadline: 16-Apr-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/UNNC61
Contact Information:
	Dr. Roshni Mooneeram
	Email: roshni.mooneeram at nottingham.edu.cn
	Phone: 86 (0)574 8818 0271

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2009 LINGUIST List Restaurant and join us for a delightful treat!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2009/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non
Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be
offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.