20.1890, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, Integrated Training Solutions, VA, USA...

Sun May 17 03:02:39 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1890. Sat May 16 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1890, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, Integrated Training Solutions, VA, USA...

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-May-2009
From: Carole Hawkins < hawkinsca at itsnc.net >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Integrated Training Solutions, Rosslyn, VA, USA

Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:00:49
From: Carole Hawkins [hawkinsca at itsnc.net]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1890.html&submissionid=217527&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Integrated Training Solutions
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Integrated Training Solutions (ITS), a small business located in Rosslyn,
VA, has a job opening for a Systems Analyst.  Our employees are dedicated
self-starters that thrive in an environment where hard work and
determination are standard. We are seeking individuals to join our team in
a fast paced environment who can demonstrate leadership abilities,
interpersonal skills, time management, and quality customer service.

The Systems Analyst position provides technical support and development for
an innovative program with a dynamic focus on language and culture.  The
ideal candidate is creative, and motivated, utilizing cross-cultural
awareness and scientific understanding to provide research based solutions.
Must demonstrate a history of ingenuity in problem solving, including
independent language, culture, technical and academic research projects.
The position operates with minimal supervision and may exercise independent
judgment in completing assigned tasks.

Knowledge-Based Skills:
-Linguistic and cultural studies including experience with Praat
-Proficiency in a foreign language
-Linux / Unix / Windows
-Statistical Network Analysis, including R development
-Independent programming experience, especially C++, PHP, AJAX, or PERL
-Databases, database structures, SQL

Qualifications:
-Minimum two years professional experience desired; Bachelor degree in
Linguistics or other applicable field. Masters Degree desired.
-High level of technical capability, including technical writing.
-Organized with attention to details.
-Ability to work well under pressure and work efficiently against deadlines.
-Ability to work and contribute as a member of a high performance team
-Ability to multitask/prioritize while supporting individuals or teams.
-Demonstrated problem solving and judgment capabilities.
-Excellent oral and written communications skills.
-Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.

Please see job contact information below. When applying, you may include in
the email your salary requirements.

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2009 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: jobs at itsnc.net
Contact Information:
	Carole Hawkins
	Email: hawkinsca at itsnc.net