20.1976, Jobs: Various Langs & Comp Ling...: Consultant, Welocalize, Bay Area...

Mon May 25 02:39:51 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1976. Sun May 24 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1976, Jobs: Various Langs & Comp Ling...: Consultant, Welocalize, Bay Area...

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-May-2009
From: Andy Bell < andy.bell at welocalize.com >
Subject: Various Langs & Computational Linguististics, Machine Translation, Morphology, Natural Language Processing: Consultant, Welocalize, Bay Area, California, USA

Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 22:38:34
From: Andy Bell [andy.bell at welocalize.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1976.html&submissionid=218427&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Welocalize
Department: Operations
Job Location: California, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.welocalize.com

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Machine Translation, Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      French (fra)
                      German, Standard (deu)
                      Italian (ita)
                      Spanish (spa)

Seeking advanced linguistics student with experience with computational
lexicography to assist with machine translation dictionary customization
efforts.  Work involves intensive building of high-quality English to
French (or Italian, German, Spanish or Chinese (Simplified)) dictionaries,
including parts of speech, syntactic patterns, term disambiguation.

Scripting skills (Perl or other) a big plus.  Fluency in French, Italian,
German, Spanish or Chinese highly desirable.

Work will be contract-based, long-term positions working MT and NLP
automation activities may also be a possibility down the road.

Pay: market rates

Location: Bay Area, California or remote.

Please see contact information below.

Application Deadline: 01-Aug-2009 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: andy.bell at welocalize.com
Contact Information:
	Director Andy Bell
	Email: andy.bell at welocalize.com