20.3756, Jobs: English, Semantics, Taxonomy: Consultant, Qwiki

Wed Nov 4 15:41:09 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3756. Wed Nov 04 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3756, Jobs: English, Semantics, Taxonomy: Consultant, Qwiki

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Nov-2009
From: Doug Imbruce < d at qwiki.com >
Subject: English & Semantics,Taxonomy: Consultant, Qwiki

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:37:44
From: Doug Imbruce [d at qwiki.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3756.html&submissionid=2044854&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Qwiki
Web Address: http://qwiki.com

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Semantics; Taxonomy

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Qwiki is a Silicon Valley-based start-up funded by thought leaders in the
information retrieval space.  We're looking for a team member versed in
taxonomies for a long-term consulting relationship to help us build a
hierarchical taxonomy classifying people, places, and things: telecommuting
is OK.

The position involves analyzing machine-generated categorization output and
translating it into an efficient, human-readable format (i.e. consolidating
thousands of categorical machine driven results into a set of 100 human
classifications).

Our team is fun to work with and you'll play a special role in the creation
of what we believe to be an incredible improvement in the way the world
gets its information. The position is perfect for a self-managed individual
with 15-20 hours per week to dedicate to building our taxonomy from the
ground up.  Graduate credentials and industry experience preferred.

Please submit resumes to the email address below with subject line
'Taxonomist'.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2009

Email Address for Applications: d at qwiki.com
Contact Information: