20.3845, Jobs: Natural Lang Processing/Machine Learning: Post-Doc/Asst Prof, KIT

Tue Nov 10 19:16:35 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3845. Tue Nov 10 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3845, Jobs: Natural Lang Processing/Machine Learning: Post-Doc/Asst Prof, KIT

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-Oct-2009
From: Sebastian Blohm < blohm at kit.edu >
Subject: Natural Language Processing; Machine Learning: Post-Doc/Assistant Professor, KIT/Uni Karlsruhe, Germany

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:13:24
From: Sebastian Blohm [blohm at kit.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3845.html&submissionid=235916&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: KIT/Uni Karlsruhe
Department: AIFB - Knowledge Management
Job Location: , Germany
Web Address: http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS

Job Rank: Post-Doc/Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning

The Knowledge Management research group at the Institute of Applied
Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB,
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/Forschungsgruppen/WBS) is an
interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and related disciplines and
among the leading international institutions in the field of semantic
technologies. In this context, the institute seeks to fill a position for a
Postdoctoral Researcher/Assistant Professor (TV-L E14 German public service
salary scale) for two years, with renewal possible.

We are seeking applications from individuals with a very good Ph.D. and
expertise on an international level in at least one of the following topic
areas: Large-Scale Information Retrieval, Text Mining, Natural Language
Processing, Machine Learning, or Data Mining. Further, we require general
competencies that qualify you for acquisition and coordination of research
projects, for the guidance of Ph.D. students and for participation in
lecturing. The position requires advanced German and English language skills.

We offer a first-class and international research environment with
substantial freedom with respect to your thematic orientation and research
activities. The close cooperation with the FZI Research Center for
Information Technology in Karlsruhe, the Karlsruhe Service Research
Institute (KSRI) and a large industry partner network allow for the
combination of fundamental and applied research and a fast transfer of
research results into practice.

The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer
and welcomes applications from women. Handicapped persons having the same
qualification will be preferred.

For further questions with respect to this position, please contact
Sebastian Blohm (blohm at kit.edu).

For best consideration, please submit your application, preferably
electronically as PDF, to the application email below, or send hard copies
to the application address below. The deadline for applications is November
30th. However, review of application will continue until the position is
filled.

This posting is available online:
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/seb/E14-AIFB.ml-nlp-web-en.pdf

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2009