20.3913, TOC: Journal of Greek Linguistics 9/1 (2009)

Sun Nov 15 15:29:13 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3913. Sun Nov 15 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3913, TOC: Journal of Greek Linguistics 9/1 (2009)

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Fatemeh Abdollahi <fatemeh at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Nov-2009
From: Dominique de Roo roo < roo at brill.nl >
Subject: Journal of Greek Linguistics Vol 9, No 1 (2009)

Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:26:43
From: Dominique de Roo roo [roo at brill.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3913.html&submissionid=2227334&topicid=11&msgnumber=1

Editor's note: This issue contains non-ISO-8859-1 characters.
To view the correct characters, go to http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-3913.html.

Publisher:	Brill
			http://www.brill.nl

Journal Title:  Journal of Greek Linguistics
Volume Number:  9
Issue Number:  1
Issue Date:  2009

Main Text:

The first volume of the newly launched <i>Journal of Greek Linguistics</i> is
available from Brill. We are delighted to offer you complimentary access, just
browse to:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/brill/jgl

<b>From the Editors</b>
pp. 1-3(3)
Authors: Drachman, Gaberell; Joseph, Brian D.; Roussou, Anna

<b>Articles</b>
<i>'As for the dialect, I will now tell you how we spoke at home': On the
performance of dialectal talk</i>
pp. 5-33(29)
Authors: Archakis, Argiris; Lampropoulou, Sofia; Papazachariou, Dimitris

<i>Analogical change and grammatical gender in ancient Greek</i>
pp. 34-55(22)
Author: Coker, Amy

<i>Breaking down and putting back together: analysis and synthesis of New
Testament Greek</i>
pp. 56-92(37)
Authors: Haug, Dag T.T.; Eckhoff, Hanne M.; Majer, Marek; Welo, Eirik

<i>Watkins' Law and the development of agglutinative inflections in Asia Minor
Greek</i>
pp. 93-109(17)
Author: Janse, Mark

<i>Cross dialect ambiguities of epenthesis</i>
pp. 110-133(24)
Author: Malikouti-Drachman, Angeliki

<i>Phrasal and clausal comparatives in Greek and the abstractness of syntax</i>
pp. 134-164(31)
Author: Merchant, Jason

<i>Greek Dialect Vowel Systems, Vowel Dispersion Theory, and Sociolinguistic
Typology</i>
pp. 165-182(18)
Author: Trudgill, Peter

<b>Short Article</b>

<i>On the Phonetics of ?-opening</i>
pp. 183-185(3)
Author: Hamp, Eric P.

<b>Discussion Note</b>
<i>Why Greek is one of The World's Major Languages</i>
pp. 187-194(8)
Author: Joseph, Brian D.

<b>Review Article</b>

<i>The Future in Modern Greek: From ancient to medieval</i>
pp. 195-214(20)

<i>The Language of Pain. Expression or description?</i>
pp. 215-218(4)
Author: Giaxoglou, Korina

<i>The Syntax of the Infinitive and the Participle in Early Byzantine Greek. An
Interpretation in Terms of Naturalness Theory.</i>
pp. 219-224(6)
Author: Markopoulos, Theodoros

<i>The Acquisition of Greek Case, Number, and Gender: A Usage-Based Approach</i>
pp. 225-230(6)
Author: Mastropavlou, Maria

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics
                     Phonology