20.3986, Jobs: Arabic; Applied Ling: Visiting Prof, Monterey Institute

Fri Nov 20 20:15:31 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3986. Fri Nov 20 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3986, Jobs: Arabic; Applied Ling: Visiting Prof, Monterey Institute

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 20-Nov-2009
From: Ryan Vandergriff < ryan at jobelephant.com >
Subject: Arabic; Applied Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Monterey Institute of International Studies, California, USA

Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:13:42
From: Ryan Vandergriff [ryan at jobelephant.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3986.html&submissionid=2228334&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Monterey Institute of International Studies
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.miis.edu/

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

Visiting Professor
Arabic Studies

August 2010 - May 2111

Requirements:

-  MA or Ph.D. in teaching foreign language or related field, with
expertise in content teaching, OR  MA/Ph.D. in policy or business with
successful Arabic language teaching experience or experience teaching
content to Arabic language learners
- Native-level fluency in Arabic
- Basic technology literacy and willingness to learn more advanced
approaches and technologies

Preferred:

- Demonstrated excellence in teaching all levels of Arabic, and business or
policy content to non-native speakers of Arabic
- PhD

Duties:

- Teach second, third and fourth year courses in Arabic Studies to graduate
students in business and policy
- Develop curricula
- Hold office hours
- Conduct/assist in placement exams
- Attend faculty meetings

To apply, please visit the application URL below.

The Monterey Institute of International Studies is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: 16-Jan-2010 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/131797
Contact Information:
	Ryan Vandergriff
	Email: ryan at jobelephant.com