20.3996, Qs: Word Association Questionnaire

Sat Nov 21 21:59:49 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3996. Sat Nov 21 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3996, Qs: Word Association Questionnaire

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Nov-2009
From: Nina Yankova < ninayankova at rambler.ru >
Subject: Word Association Questionnaire

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:57:32
From: Nina Yankova [ninayankova at rambler.ru]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3996.html&submissionid=2227974&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear all,
My name is Nina Yankova and I'm a postgraduate student at Irkuts State
Linguistic University, Russia. To complete my research I need as many
people as possible to answer my questionnaire. I will be so much obliged if
You find some time do it and thus help me with my project. Thank you very
much in advance.

I. Information about participants of the experiment:
- Name:
- Country of citizenship:
- Residence (in the country of citizenship):
- Date of birth:
- Gender:
- Institution where currently working/ studying:
- Profession / Specialization:

II. With a view to success of the experiment don't read the whole of the
questionnaire beforehand, please. All your answers should be as spontaneous
as possible. Your first reactions are the most valuable for us.

1. What word do you consider the most precise to describe the deepest and
most secret private feelings and thoughts that you are unlikely to express
or show to other people.

2. Please, write 5 words (or word - combinations, sentences) that occur to
you when you hear the word innermost / inmost
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

3. Please, explain with your own words what innermost is.

4. Could you provide reasons that make you conceal your innermost?

5. Could you provide reasons that make you reveal your innermost?

6. Whom would you confide in your innermost? (If possible, explain why)

Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
                     Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)