20.3394, Jobs: Syntax, Semantics, Cog Sci: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pomona College

Thu Oct 8 17:27:40 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3394. Thu Oct 08 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3394, Jobs: Syntax, Semantics, Cog Sci: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pomona College

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-Oct-2009
From: Deborah Burke < dburke at pomona.edu >
Subject: Syntax, Semantics, Cognitive Science: Assistant/Associate Professor, Pomona College, California, USA

Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:25:21
From: Deborah Burke [dburke at pomona.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3394.html&submissionid=233014&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Pomona College
Department: Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.pomona.edu/

Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Semantics; Syntax

The Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science at Pomona College
invites applications for one (or possibly two) full-time, tenure-track
position(s) at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, beginning Fall,
2010. The Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science is an
interdisciplinary department focused on the study of language. We are
looking for a candidate with a specialization in syntax or semantics with a
broad knowledge of and interest in cognitive science. Preference will be
given to candidates who will have completed the PhD by fall 2010. Members
of the Department emphasize quality of teaching and are actively engaged in
research in linguistics and cognitive science. We seek a candidate with a
record of excellence in teaching and a productive program of research.
Teaching load is four courses a year and will include Introduction to
Cognitive Science, Semantics or Syntax, a seminar in area of specialization
and other courses of interest to the candidate. Ability to teach
psycholinguistics or language acquisition is a plus.
Candidates should submit electronically an application letter, C.V., copy
of graduate transcript, teaching evaluations or other evidence of excellent
teaching ability, representative publications, and three letters of
recommendation to Karen Nightingale, Department Coordinator, at the email
address below. Complete applications received by November 16, 2009 will
receive full consideration.
Pomona College, the founding member of the Claremont Colleges, is a highly
selective liberal arts college attracting a diverse, national student body.
The College is an equal opportunity employer and especially invites
applications from women and members of under-represented groups. For
further information about the Department of Linguistics and Cognitive
Science see http://www.linguistics.pomona.edu/

Application Deadline: 16-Nov-2009

Email Address for Applications: LCSSearch at pomona.edu
Contact Information: