20.3473, Jobs: American Sign Language: Assistant Professor, Montclair State U

Thu Oct 15 16:39:23 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3473. Thu Oct 15 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3473, Jobs: American Sign Language: Assistant Professor, Montclair State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 13-Oct-2009
From: Eileen Fitzpatrick < fitzpatricke at mail.montclair.edu >
Subject: American Sign Language: Assistant Professor, Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:35:19
From: Eileen Fitzpatrick [fitzpatricke at mail.montclair.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3473.html&submissionid=233595&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Montclair State University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://www.chss.montclair.edu/linguistics

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: American Sign Language

The Linguistics Department at Montclair State University invites
applications for a full-time tenure-track position in American Sign
Language for Fall 2010. Responsibilities include administration of a
planned minor in American Sign Language Studies, undergraduate and graduate
teaching, scholarly research, student advisement and mentoring, and
committee assignments. The candidate should have a strong background in the
structure and sociolinguistics of ASL and specialization in either gesture,
cognition and language; Deaf culture, history and education; language
acquisition; or psychology of language. Ph.D. in Linguistics or related
area required by August 2010 plus fluency in American Sign Language. A
record of teaching experience, research, and demonstrated potential for
funding is preferred.

Send letter, resume, and three references to:
Dr. Eileen Fitzpatrick, Chair (V-F34)
lingsearch at mail.montclair.edu

Application Deadline: 04-Jan-2010

Email Address for Applications: lingsearch at mail.montclair.edu