20.3502, Jobs: General Ling; Language Evolution: Lecturer, U of Edinburgh

Sun Oct 18 17:40:01 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3502. Sun Oct 18 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3502, Jobs: General Ling; Language Evolution: Lecturer, U of Edinburgh

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 17-Oct-2009
From: Geoff Pullum < gpullum at ling.ed.ac.uk >
Subject: General Linguistics; Language Evolution: Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:37:59
From: Geoff Pullum [gpullum at ling.ed.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3502.html&submissionid=234094&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
Department: Linguistics and English Language
Job Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://ling.ed.ac.uk

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Evolution

Linguistics and English Language, a subject area within the School of
Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences at the University of
Edinburgh, seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Language Evolution. The
successful candidate must have (1) a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in
linguistics or a very closely related academic field; (2) experience of
teaching core linguistics sub areas at university level; and (3) a strong
research program, with potential for attracting external funding, relating
to the department's ongoing research program in the empirical investigation
of the evolution of language (see http://ling.ed.ac.uk/lec/LEC/Research.html).
The post is at grade UE08 in the UK system and the salary will be in the range
36,532 to 43,622 GBP (currently between about $60,000 and about $70,000).
Applications can be completed and submitted online (go to
http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/ and look for the new vacancy with post number
3011813).

Application Deadline: 04-Dec-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/vacancies/index.cfm?fuseaction=vacancies