20.3518, Jobs: Tajiki, Comp Ling: Lexicographer, SYSTRAN Software

Tue Oct 20 14:43:10 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3518. Tue Oct 20 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3518, Jobs: Tajiki, Comp Ling: Lexicographer, SYSTRAN Software

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Oct-2009
From: Jodi Galloway < galloway at systransoft.com >
Subject: Tajiki & Computational Linguistics: Lexicographer, SYSTRAN Software, USA, California

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:40:52
From: Jodi Galloway [galloway at systransoft.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3518.html&submissionid=234339&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SYSTRAN Software
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.systransoft.com

Job Rank: Lexicographer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Tajiki (tgk)

Job Description:
Dictionary development by encoding Tajiki language terminology into a
Machine Translation software system.

Under the direction of a Project Manager or Senior Lexicographer, you will:
- Encode Tajiki terminology according to specific conventions
- Compile data from Tajiki text for determining the correct function and/or
meaning of terms
- Assist other team members in a variety of research tasks

Skills :
- Native speaker of Tajik
- Can read and write Tajik in both Cyrillic and Arabic script.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- General computer literacy (MS Word and Excel)

Apply at the email address below.

Email Address for Applications: ssi_talx_job at systransoft.com
Contact Information:
	Program Manager Alan Watkins