20.3603, FYI: Multilingual Online Journal ForumSprache

Sun Oct 25 18:22:10 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3603. Sun Oct 25 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3603, FYI: Multilingual Online Journal ForumSprache

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Oct-2009
From: Gudrun Ziegler < gudrun.ziegler at web.de >
Subject: Multilingual Online Journal ForumSprache

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:16:56
From: Gudrun Ziegler [gudrun.ziegler at web.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3603.html&submissionid=235054&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Peer-reviewed, multilingual online journal ForumSprache

http://www.hueber.de/forum-sprache/?lang=en

ForumSprache is a new online journal dealing with the learning and teaching
of modern languages. Of interest to linguists, language students and
teachers alike, it publishes new work done in the field of language
research as well as contributions from practicing teachers. ForumSprache is
published twice a year and is available only as a download service.

The second issue of ForumSprache contains four theoretical and two
practical contributions (free of charge) as well as a new section entitled
"Controversies" (free of charge). Here, two authors, Wilfried Brusch and
Wolfgang Butzkamm, discuss the impact and validity of Stephen Krashen's
theories and teaching ideas.

The other articles look at the necessary competences of foreign language
teachers (Manuela Wipperfürth) in the classroom. Based on the analysis of
small group interactions as implemented by intermediate learners of French,
Evelyne Pochon-Berger discusses the notion of task from a micro-sequential
account. Annina Lenz focuses on multilingual vocabulary teaching with a
combination of English and Latin. Britta Viebrock breaks new ground in her
contribution on CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) in
mathematics. Her theoretical discussion is supported by materials and
procedures in the "Best Practice" section of ForumSprache. The second
practical paper by Petra Kirchhoff deals with a project fostering extensive
reading in a beginners' class of English at secondary school (Gymnasium).

ForumSprache has more to offer: have a look at our updated information
pages on conferences, book reviews and web links to teaching materials for
language learning. We are aiming to establish a growing list of
dissertation abstracts in the field of foreign language education and
applied linguistics. If you have completed a PhD or postdoc qualification
you can publish details and a dissertation abstract on our web page.