20.3638, Jobs: Applied Ling/L2 Lang Acq; Psycholing: Asst Prof, Michigan State U

Wed Oct 28 15:05:40 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3638. Wed Oct 28 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3638, Jobs: Applied Ling/L2 Lang Acq; Psycholing: Asst Prof, Michigan State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Oct-2009
From: Susan Gass < gass at msu.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Second Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, Michigan State University, MI, USA

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:01:40
From: Susan Gass [gass at msu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3638.html&submissionid=235341&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Michigan State University
Department: Second Language Studies
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://www.sls.msu.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics

Michigan State University seeks to fill a tenure-track position at the rank
of assistant professor (Ph.D. in hand by August 16, 2010) in second
language learning and teaching, especially to support its Second Language
Studies Ph.D. program (http://sls.msu.edu) in the College of Arts & Letters
beginning August 16, 2010. We seek candidates with primary interests in
psycholinguistic orientations to second language acquisition, ideally with
an emphasis on reading and/or vocabulary research. Experience with
eye-trackers is desirable.

It is anticipated that the successful candidate will become part of a
growing research community in second language studies and will take
advantage of research opportunities through the Cognitive Science program
(http://www.cogsci.msu.edu/), the Center for Language Education and
Research (CLEAR, http://clear.msu.edu), the Center for Language Teaching
Advancement (CeLTA, http://celta.msu.edu) and related Centers and
initiatives. We welcome applicants whose research would especially benefit
from collaborative opportunities in an interdisciplinary work environment.

The successful candidate must be able to teach Ph.D. level courses in
second language psycholinguistics as well as a wide array of undergraduate
and masters' level courses in language teaching and learning. Academic
department will be determined based on candidate's qualifications.

Applicants for the position should submit:
- updated CV,
- cover letter including statement of research interests,
- writing sample,
- three letters of reference.

Review of applications will begin on November 13, 2009 and will continue
until the position is filled.

Please send all materials to Charlene Polio at the address below or
send electronically to sls at msu.edu.

MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed
to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively
encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color,
veterans and persons with disabilities. Persons with disabilities may
request and receive reasonable accommodation.

Application Deadline: 13-Nov-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Charlene Polio
	Search Committee Chair
	Second Language Studies, A-711 Wells Hall
	Michigan State University
	East Lansing, US 48824
	USA
Email Address for Applications: sls at msu.edu