20.2939, Jobs: English & Telephone/Speech Applications: VUI Designer, Voxify

Tue Sep 1 16:02:45 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2939. Tue Sep 01 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2939, Jobs: English & Telephone/Speech Applications: VUI Designer, Voxify

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 31-Aug-2009
From: Pauline Hu < phu at voxify.com >
Subject: English & Telephone/Speech Applications: Voice User Interface Designer, Voxify, Inc., USA,California

Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:00:09
From: Pauline Hu [phu at voxify.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2939.html&submissionid=228548&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Voxify, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.voxify.com

Job Rank: Voice User Interface Designer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Telephone/Speech Applications

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Have you ever been frustrated trying to use an Automated Speech
application? Do you think most speech applications out there are either
dumb or too complicated? Ever wonder why that voice user interface
recognized everything but the obvious? Want to be a part of a team that is
committed to fixing all this?

Voice User Interface Design is a high growth, highly specialized discipline
filled with challenges that will constantly employ your technical and
creative skills. Voxify's Voice User Interfaces use the most advanced and
diverse speech recognition technologies available in the market today. We
take legacy contact center solutions to new levels of automation by
designing cutting-edge speech applications. These speech applications take
mission critical calls for world-class companies large and small.

Join the industry-leading Voice User Interface Design team at Voxify. It is
true, Voxify puts in more hours of research and careful thought into its
Voice User Interfaces than others in the space and therefore has created a
niche in the market with superior applications. We work hard at our
research so that we can design smart. Think you have the ideas but nowhere
to go with them?  We at Voxify welcome ideas, the new ones, the ones that
are way out there as well as the simple and elegant ones. We believe in
creating world-class applications and then making them even better.

We are now expanding our VUI team and are looking for eager recruits who
are keen to learn the trade of VUI Design as well as Designers who come
with experience. If you are looking for a position with the perfect balance
of technical and creative work, this is the one for you.  If you already
design voice applications, but are frustrated with the antiquated tools,
techniques and processes that you have to use, we think you'll really enjoy
the power and expressiveness of our patented Conversation Engine
development environment that is built with the VUI Designer's work in mind.
We are seeking highly creative candidates with a background in Linguistics,
Computational Linguistics, Application Software Design or pure Computer
Science. Familiarity and experience in Call Flow Design, Principles of
Interface Usability, Grammar Tuning, Prompt Design and Voice Actor Coaching
are highly desirable. Join this team to challenge today's conventions - in
fact, we encourage you to set new ones for the industry to follow.

As a Designer in this team, you will be expected to both deliver high-end
customer applications and carry out independent research in parallel. A
typical day here may start with a client call with a Fortune 500 company,
followed by a quick burst of design work by noon, running analytics on one
of your applications in the afternoon and presenting new data from last
week's research to the team by evening. You will be making the decisions
for all contact solution related problems for all your clients.

If you think you have the drive and passion for speech, language and
design, email us your resume right now. We look forward to hearing from you!

Email Address for Applications: jobs at voxify.com
Contact Information
	Voxify Human Resources
	Email: jobs at voxify.com